Participatory-Based Wellness Program Established January 1, 2022.
Be Active, Be Healthy, and Be Happy!
- Monthly Wellness Theme: We distribute weekly materials on our Wellness Wednesdays based on a wellness-related theme each month. These include preventive care, physical health, emotional well-being, financial wellness, stress management, healthcare community support, and more.
- Monthly Initiative: We aim to get active, seek balance, fuel your health, and work together! We have established weekly initiatives through mini-challenges to help maintain and improve well-being. We offer mini-challenge opportunities in various formats, such as wellness recordings, newsletters, flyers, health-related quizzes, in-person events, and more.
What are the requirements for the wellness program?
- There are NO requirements to our benefited and non-benefited employees or spouses of how much physical activity is required. We know that some physical activity is better than none. You can start slowly and build up from there!
- The participation-based wellness program is a way to personalize and customize the activity that allows you to take steps to improve your health and lifestyle. From casual walking to running a marathon or riding a bike (don't forget the helmet!) Swimming, dancing, participating in charity events, and joining a class or sports league are great options!
There are NO utilization fees for non-participation in the monthly mini-challenges. Mini-challenges are a step towards knowledge and actions but are NOT a requirement. Get involved and gain extrinsic and intrinsic benefits by improving your physical and mental health.
- Work together as a team and find activities with co-workers that help build relationships in the workplace, such as walking, after-work yoga classes, weightlifting classes, reading groups, and cooking classes. Then, the sky's the limit!
- Your spouse is welcome to participate! The better our health, the lower our utilization fees for our employees and their families.
- I will enter your name into our monthly drawing for each mini-challenge completed. You do NOT have to complete all mini-challenges for drawing prize entries. Each mini-challenge completed is verified through a "Qualtrics Survey" emailed on the last Wednesday of every month. Just fill it out and submit it!
SEE US ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
To join the WCSD Wellness Facebook Group, complete the following:
- First, sign in to your Facebook account.
- In your account, copy and paste this link to your URL web browser https://www.facebook.com/groups/wcsdwellness.
- Click the join button.
- Answer the security questions.
- Agree to the rules.
- (If the required information is missing, you will not be approved to join the group.)
NOTICE REGARDING THE WELLNESS PROGRAM
Washington County School District Employee Wellness Incentive Program is a voluntary participation-based wellness program available to all employees and their families. The program is administered according to federal rules permitting employer-sponsored wellness programs that seek to improve employee health or prevent disease, including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, as applicable, among others. If you choose to participate in the wellness program, you will not be required to submit any personal health information. You are not required to complete a Health Risk Assessment or to participate in blood tests or other medical examinations. There is no mandatory tracking. A Qualtrics survey will be sent on the last Wednesday of each month for participation in the mini-challenges. Those that participate will be entered into a monthly drawing.
Also, employees and spouses are welcome to join our WCSDWellness Facebook Group and share the amazing things you do to improve your health! This is not a requirement for the wellness program. Have fun, get involved, and motivate others to do the same!
Protections from Disclosure of Medical Information
We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your personally identifiable health information. Although Washington County School District may use aggregate information it collects to design a program based on identified health risks in the workplace, the participation-based wellness program will not disclose any of your personal information either publicly or to the employer, except as necessary to respond to a request from you for a reasonable accommodation needed to participate in the wellness program, or as expressly permitted by law. Medical information that personally identifies you in connection with the wellness program will not be provided to your supervisors or managers and may never be used to make decisions regarding your employment.
Your health information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or otherwise disclosed except to the extent permitted by law to carry out specific activities related to the wellness program, and you will not be asked or required to waive the confidentiality of your health information as a condition of participating in the wellness program or receiving an incentive. In addition, anyone who receives your information to provide services as part of the wellness program will abide by the same confidentiality requirements.
In addition, all medical information obtained through the wellness program will be maintained separate from your personnel records, information stored electronically will be encrypted, and no information you provide as part of the wellness program will be used in making any employment decision. Appropriate precautions will be taken to avoid any data breach. If a data breach involves information you provide in connection with the wellness program, we will notify you immediately.
You may not be discriminated against in employment because of the medical information you provide as part of participating in the wellness program, nor may you be subjected to retaliation if you choose not to participate.