Please bring supporting documentation to one of our main early childhood centers
on either March 19th or April 16th between 9am-12noon.
Are you looking for the best program to get your child ready for success in Kindergarten and beyond? Look no further than Washington County School District’s Preschool program. Our Preschool classes are in schools throughout the school district. Our curriculum is directly aligned with Kindergarten and Elementary curriculum and standards, to ensure success in school. Students get a jump-start on becoming familiar with the school environment and staff.
The goal of Washington County School District’s Preschool program is to provide a high quality and developmentally appropriate Preschool experience for young children in our community.
Our program emphasizes the whole development of children. We promote the physical development of children by encouraging healthy play, the cognitive development that prepares the child for Kindergarten, and the social-emotional development that focuses on self-regulation, social skills, problem solving, and age-appropriate behavior.
Our classroom environments are rich in:
- Literature and literacy opportunities
- Hands on math manipulatives
- Child-centered choices
- Science exploration
- Social studies lessons
- Adaptive technology
- Creative art activities
- Music, movement and finger plays
- Collaborative STEM activities
- 21st century skills practice
- Parental involvement
- Caring teachers with early childhood expertise and training
- Based on Utah State Early Childhood standards aligned to the Utah Core
- Teaching targeted to all areas of a child’s development
- Demonstrated student achievement at or above state academic levels
- Students leave well prepared for Kindergarten and beyond
- Lead Teacher, Assistant Teacher, and Support Staff in every class
- Maximum of 1:10 staff-child ratio
- All staff have either a teaching credential, child development associate credential or specific job related training
- Data-based monthly professional development for continuous skill growth
- Classes housed at District facilities for added security and safety
- Research-based curriculum taught at every location
- Teacher and parent work together to help children grow and progress
Washington County School District also offers preschool services for children with special needs. If you suspect your child has special needs, call 435-673-1557.