2023-24 SCHOOLS AVAILABLE FOR OPEN ENROLLMENT
open enrollment information
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Early Open Enrollment
- Late Open Enrollment
- UHSAA Web-Page
- WCSD Open Enrollment Policy
Bus transportation is not available to students who attend a school outside of their boundary area.
STATE OF UTAH LEGISLATION
The Open Enrollment option provides for an early and late enrollment period during which a student may apply for enrollment in a school that is not the student's school of residence. Applications may be submitted for the next school year during the two enrollment periods.
Early Open Enrollment Period: December 1 through the 3rd Friday in February
- Schools that are designated for Early Open Enrollment are chosen based on the formulas specified in in Utah Code. (building capacity, class size, enrollment threshold greater than 90% or 40 less than capacity, projected enrollment based on October 1 figures, etc.)
Late Open Enrollment Period: After the 3rd Friday in February to the Friday before school begins in the fall.
- The approval of these applications is based on district-wide average class size.
- At the elementary and secondary level, accepted and enrolled non-resident students shall be permitted to remain enrolled in the school and subsequent schools in the feeder system (cone-site) without re-application unless revoked by the principal in accordance with WCSD Policy 2920.