The GED®Test is a comprehensive exam that tests an individual's knowledge of Mathematics, Reading, Writing, Science and Social Studies. If an individual passes the GED®, he or she will receive a Utah High School Completion Diploma. This diploma will allow an individual to enroll at a college or other post-secondary education program.
SOUTHWEST HIGH SCHOOL
Southwest High School prepares individuals to take the GED® Test and offers the official GED® practice tests.
76 W Tabernacle
St. George, Utah 84770
Office (435) 652-4709
Fax (435) 652-4739
dixie state university testing center
The Dixie State University Testing Center is located at the corner of 100 South and 1000 East. 435-652-7696
- Payment and Pre-registration required
- Full GED® Test: $120.00
- To take one (1) module or to retake a module the cost wil be $30.00 per module
- The GED® Test is computer-based. No pencil and paper test is available in the state of Utah.
- Valid ID required - No exceptions
education withdrawal and application form
Form Only Available at High School of Residence
Utah State Board of Education Rule R277-702 states that any individual leaving school before high school graduation will be considered an out -of-school youth and must secure an "Education Withdrawal and Application Form" from a high school counselor in the school of residence or boundary school.
- As of July 1, 2012: sixteen (16) to eighteen (18) year old out-of-school youth must first access a Utah state-sponsored adult education program. The adult education program will validate the official withdrawal from public education and activate the candidate's GED® registration. For any sixteen (16) year-old, verification must be made to ensure that the applicant has the academic readiness necessary to take the GED® Test.